Riverbed is changing the way networks are operated around the world with our SteelConnect product. In 2016, we were the first vendor to bring an application-defined approach to SD-WAN with Riverbed SteelConnect and our Cluj engineering team is at the center of it all. You will be joining a talented team of industry experts and skilled developers. Here you will be encouraged to use your imagination and try new things. You will be guided by our core values and you will be supported by some of the best minds in tech.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
You’ll be a member of Riverbed’s SteelConnect Firmware team in Cluj-Napoca, helping to drive innovative and creative solutions for this strategically important offering to our SMB and Enterprise customers.
The position involves the development of our embedded Linux distribution. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining hardware and/or architecture specific code, working with both Linux kernel and user space code.
· 5+ years of ANSI C programming experience developing software on Linux systems
· Linux kernel and kernel module development
· Embedded Linux distribution development (OpenWRT experience a plus)
· Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
· Deep understanding of Linux system architecture
· Linux device driver and hardware/architecture implementation
· Expert git user
· Awesome skills with GNU tool chain, makefiles and shell scripting
· Strong technical leadership and mentoring skills
· Expertise in networking protocol stacks and technologies including Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, 802.1q, IPSec, STP etc.
· Strong knowledge of IP networking, L2/L3 switching/routing and related technologies.
· Continuous integration and continuous delivery
· Open Source
· Atlassian Stack
· Nerf gun marksmanship
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.