Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Riverbed Technology, Bangalore, India
Riverbed's highly successful, award-winning Steelhead WAN Optimization appliances are the industry leaders in technology vision and implementation. The Networking team is a critical part of the Engineering organization and works closely with other software development teams. You will be working with motivated engineers in a fast paced environment, using cutting edge software and tools to develop and bring to market disruptive solutions with a focus on simplicity and ease of use.
As part of the SteelFusion development team, you will develop new features and improve existing features in our intelligent prefetch system. You will use your filesystems and storage background to deliver a storage system which has a deep understanding of the data it stores, and ensures the right data is available at the right time, even if that data lives halfway around the world. SteelFusion is growing rapidly and there is a lot of work to be done!
- Design, develop and test new features and improvements to existing features within the SteelFusion intelligent prefetch system
- Write unit tests to cover new functionality
- Benchmark, profile, and improve performance in existing code
- Communicate clearly with peers and management about ideas, designs, and implementation details
- Work closely with fellow engineers to arrive at consensus-based approaches to problems
- Work with QA to explain new features and assist in test-plan development
- Work with Support on customer issue or bugs that require Engineering assistance
- Education: BS or better in Computer Science or closely-related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to self-manage, be proactive about identifying what needs to be done, and do it
- Strong C or C++ programming skills (C++11 and/or C++14 preferred)
- Some knowledge of Python
- Comfortable developing in a Linux environment (git, command-line tools and editors, etc.)
- Some knowledge of Windows development (user-space, installers)
- Some knowledge of event-driven or asynchronous programming models
Additional Ideal Qualifications:
- Strong high-level (architectural) and low-level design skills
- Deep understanding of testability, transparency and robustness concerns
- Previous experience designing and/or implementing a filesystem
- Previous experience designing and/or implementing a database storage system
- Familiarity with Linux build tools, such as autoconf/automake, GNU make, and shell scripting
- Familiarity with Linux compilers/toolchains (e.g. gcc, clang)
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.