Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
About this Position:
We’re looking for a QA and Automation Engineer who can own, develop and manage Quality Assurance and Automated testing of Riverbed products' features. You will be responsible for test planning, test execution, tool development, framework development and test automation. You will also be responsible for coordinating with multiple product engineering teams across Riverbed.
- Ensure the Riverbed products have highest quality of software
- Develop, extend, execute, and analyze - regression testing, functional testing and system testing
- Write Test plans and automation for features on Riverbed products
- Develop Test Automation frameworks and scripts in Python.
- Utilize existing testing frameworks and develop automation using latest technology tools
- Investigate and verify customer issues and find solutions for them.
- Analyze new features in development looking for areas that could impact quality of existing and new product features.
- Document and track your work
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews and test plan reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE or related fields and atleast four years software engineering experience; or Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE or related fields and atleast two years software engineering experience.
- Scripting and/or programming using one of the following: Python, C/C++, Perl.
- Strong experience in the field of Computer Networking
- Strong experience with software development life cycle processes.
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX-based systems including system installation, configuration, network configuration and troubleshooting, system level patching and tuning.
- Great logical debugging ability.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Solid attention to detail.
- Can work on your own but know when to ask for help.
- Be Certified in CCNA, CCNP, Python programming ...
- Expertise in networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, IOS/CatOS devices, WANs, iSCSI, etc.) and Wireshark.
- Experience with routing and switching protocols such as: OSPF, BGP, STP; other LAN and Wifi technologies.
- Experience with IPMI and baseboard management controllers, Intel x86 hardware.
- Exposure to some/all of the following: Jenkins, Test-rail, unit tests, pytest, docker, openstack.
- Experience with Agile Software Development, Distributed Software Development and Management; using GIT or equivalent
- Exposure with web application protocols, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, Cryptography, .
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.