Riverbed's software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution provides an intelligent and intuitive approach to designing, deploying and managing distributed networks for today's hybrid enterprise.
In fact, Riverbed’s move is remarkably bold per a renowned analyst, “skate to where the puck will be” strategy intended to leapfrog over legacy networking companies, positioning Riverbed as a thought leader in the burgeoning ‘software-defined everything’ space.
Enterprise employees need instant and direct connectivity to services in the public or private cloud, wherever they are located. IT teams need an easy, centralized way to provide those services. That could mean provisioning new sites within a day, adding capacity to the network, or changing application priority. It all needs to be agile.
Riverbed recently released SteelConnect 2.0 to simplify networking, instant provisioning into cloud networks, and provide end-to-end visibility. It supports industry leading SteelHead WAN Optimization for large-scale deployments. This is built upon the experience of being a leader for 9 years in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization.
The SteelConnect team is looking for Network Service Engineers who can drive and shape the new Enterprise Networking into the Cloud Era with Next-Generation, Application-Defined SD-WAN Solution for our customers
About this Position:
We’re looking for a QA and Automation Engineer who can own, develop and manage Quality Assurance and Automated testing of Riverbed products' features. You will be responsible for test planning, test execution, tool development, framework development and test automation. You will also be responsible for coordinating with multiple product engineering teams across Riverbed.
- Ensure the Riverbed products have highest quality of software
- Develop, extend, execute, and analyze - regression testing, functional testing and system testing
- Write Test plans and automation for features on Riverbed products
- Develop Test Automation frameworks and scripts in Python/Perl.
- Utilize existing testing frameworks and develop automation using latest technology tools
- Investigate and verify customer issues and find solutions for them.
- Analyze new features in development looking for areas that could impact quality of existing and new product features.
- Document and track your work
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews and test plan reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE or related fields and atleast four years software engineering experience; or Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE or related fields and atleast two years software engineering experience.
- Scripting and/or programming using one of the following: Python, C/C++, Perl.
- Strong experience in the field of Computer Networking
- Great logical debugging ability.
- Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Strong experience with software development life cycle processes.
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX-based systems including system installation, configuration, network configuration and troubleshooting, system level patching and tuning.
- Solid attention to detail.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Can work on your own but know when to ask for help.
- Be Certified in CCNA, CCNP, Python programming
- Expertise in networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, IOS/CatOS devices, WANs, iSCSI, etc.) and Wireshark.
- Experience with routing and switching protocols.
- Exposure to some/all of the following: Jenkins, Test-rail, unit tests, pytest, docker, openstack.
- Experience with Agile Software Development, Distributed Software Development and Management; using GIT or equivalent
- Exposure with web application protocols, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL etc.