With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed – The Digital Performance Company – provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers – including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
Escalation Engineer - SteelHead
Riverbed Technology is the IT infrastructure performance company. The Riverbed family of wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions liberates businesses from common IT constraints by increasing application performance, enabling consolidation, and providing enterprise-‐wide network and application visibility -‐-‐ all while eliminating the need to increase bandwidth, storage or servers. Thousands of companies with distributed operations use Riverbed to make their IT infrastructure faster, less expensive and more responsive.
Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are growing our engineering teams across the region so are looking for skilled, energetic professionals looking to grow as we do. We offer competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
* BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
* Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent client handling skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Fast self‐learning and independent.
* Ability to handle stress and work under pressure.
* Experience in enterprise technical support role, preferably with a networking technology company, preferred.
* Provide remote support to customers via phone, web, and email.
* Take ownership of customer issues and handle problems through to resolution.
* Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
* Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
* Prioritize and managing open escalation cases.
* Provide accurate and prompt updates to customers.
* Manage technical escalations and participate in conference calls.
* Some weekend coverage as required
* Participate in cross regional/functional swarming support model
* Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base articles.
* Understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth, latency and how bandwidth and latency restrictions affect application performance.
* Experience reading and understanding packet captures using Sniffer, Ethereal/Wireshark, Cascade Pilot, AppTransaction or similar tools.
* Knowledge and understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment and understanding of Microsoft and other application behavior at the network layer.
* Experience with general routing/switching protocols, policy based routing, spanning‐tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking, wireless technologies
* Experience with virtualization technologies – eg VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V
* Experience with Cloud technologies – eg AWS, Azure
* Experience with any of the following: QoS, Netflow, NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, Firewalls and RAID.
* Strong UNIX/Linux/MS, scripting is a plus.
* Cisco CCNA or CCNP is highly preferred.
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.